Sunday, February 21, 2010

Brazilian Hair Straightening... Pro's / Con's and Question.?

Hi! I have curly, frizzy, hair. I've been thinking about getting it done. I asked my mom about it, and she said after i get it done, the top of my hair (once it grows out, so about an inch) will look ridiculous and i'll have to get it done again. Is that true? Also, she said it doesn't work on all hair types. I have highlighted hair... (i don't know if that helps or not.. :P)


So, just asking.


Also, what are some pros and cons?


Thank You! :D





-AmyBrazilian Hair Straightening... Pro's / Con's and Question.?
Hi.


I got coppola keratin done three months ago. It was pretty good when i first got it done. My hair was pin straight. ( this is because they run the straightener through the hair multiple times after they blow try the product into your hair.) It did cut the time of my blow drying time at first and has made my hair really soft but i feel as this product is coming of my hair i feel like its becoming frizzier than before i got it done. I have thick curly hair but it pretty soft in texture. It doesn't really grow out like the japanese straighter it kinda fades out your hair so you don't really have to worry about it looking crazy when it grows out. Also beware that there is formaldehyde in it. So which ever treatment you do end up getting make sure that there is a very little amount in the product. I would recommend getting a free consultation preferably by your current hair dresser just because they will give you an honest opinion and know your hair . It suppose to last form 3-6 months depends on how good you take care of it. Your suppose to use sulfate free shampoos so the product doesn't come out of your hair. Some cheap ones that I got that i really liked was Organics shampoo and conditioner. They are about 6 dollars each and you can buy them at any ulta. If you don't mind spending money then pureology is about 26.00 and can also be purchased form ulta. The treatment cost from $300-600 dollars depending where you get it done and your hair length. I got my done at red door spa. The girl was amazing and she had got it done her self so I had seen the results on her. You can get it done on dyed hair but just let them know so they can turn down the heat on the iron. Make sure you do your research before you go because many people at these salons want to make you get it and they kind of force you into but make sure your ready. I had set up an appointment to get it done at another salon a few months before I got it done and I wasn't sure about it because I felt that my hair dresser was just trying to sell it to me and I had mixed reviews on the product so I cancelled it. I started to go to a new hair dresser who was very honest and i told her i was thinking about it and she gave me all the info and her honest opinion so I did it. Overall I loved it but I am not sure if I will get it again just because of the price. It cut my blow drying time in half. Good Luck !Brazilian Hair Straightening... Pro's / Con's and Question.?
Yeah when it starts to grow out that curly hair will start to grow again, just like dying your hair you will have curly roots. Also, if you ever want your hair to be curly (like you change your mind about it) your curly hair will never be the same because it will permanently damage how curly it is, so then you'll have that to worry about.
The biggest con: It can LITERALLY kill you. Formeldhyde is a ingrediant in it, which is dangerous to your health, especially if you aren't in a well venilated area with a mask. Hair grows out, But roots normally are straight, So it wouldn't look too odd till it got down a little ways, which by then, It may have already started to g back to normal. And she's right. Not all chemicals can do what you want and expect from them.
This is a great pros and cons article about Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatments:


http://www.hairstyle-blog.com/brazilian-鈥?/a>


It goes over almost everything!
is brazilian hair striahgtening like perming ?


if so.


it would work on all hair type.


it makes it straighter and smoother.


but the con is that it will damage your hair ,


after your hair turns back to normal , it can possibly look even frizzier .
heppy noo yar
  • gray hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment