Sunday, February 21, 2010

I want to know more about Japanese/ Brazilian hair straightening. Can anyone fill me in?

I have researched both a bit, but I am nervous because I am growing my hair out. (It is short now, I want it longer.) I also have highlights, and I know that may affect the straightening.I want to know more about Japanese/ Brazilian hair straightening. Can anyone fill me in?
With color-treated hair, you should probably rule out Japanese straightening. Japanese straightening permanently straightens the treated hair, however touch-ups are needed for new growth.





Brazilian straightening (also called keratin treatment) is probably the option you'll want to consider, given your hair is color-treated. There are many different brands of keratin treatment. The key things you'll want to consider is whether the treatment is formadehyde-free and whether it's a one-day or 4-day process.





I had the Brazilian Blowout (a brand of keratin treatment) done this summer and I've been delighted with the results. It took approximately 90 minutes to do the process and my hair is definitely straighter than it used to be. It's a lot more manageable and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. To maintain it, I've gone back every month and a half or so.
  • gray hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment